By Dave Graham and David Lawder
ARLINGTON, Va., Oct 16 (Reuters) - Lobbying efforts on the
North American Free Trade Agreement hit a crucial stage this
week after the Trump administration ignored the U.S. business
community's advice and pitched proposals to radically reshape
NAFTA, leaving its future in doubt.
* NOTE: For a table detailing NOPA data by region, see Eikon
By Karl Plume
CHICAGO, Oct 16 (Reuters) - The U.S. soybean processing pace
in September fell short of trade expectations but was the
highest total for the month in 10 years, the National Oilseed
Processors Association said on Monday.
HAMBURG, Oct 16 (Reuters) - Business in Europe's animal
feeds market was thin on Monday as dealers assessed higher
prices generated by a surprise cut in forecasts of the U.S.
soybean crop by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA).
"The EU feed market had basically been closed on Friday so
buyers and sellers were only today getting to grips with the
fact that prices have risen sharply since the USDA's harvest
estimate late on Thursday," one European trader said. "Buyers
naturally did not like the higher prices they were presented
(Recasts, updates with U.S. trading, adds new analyst quote,
changes byline, dateline; pvs PARIS/SINGAPORE)
By Mark Weinraub
CHICAGO, Oct 16 (Reuters) - Chicago Board of Trade soybean
futures eased on Monday, dipping below the $10-per-bushel
threshold the market hit for the first time in 2-1/2 months last
German Grain Cash Prices Oct 16
Lowest known bids in EUR/t, delivered.
At local time 11:30 GMT.
Barley, min 62-63 kg/hl
bid offers change
Delivered Hamburg Oct 17 156,00 161,00 0.00
Delivered Hamburg Nov 17 156,00 161,00 0.00
Ex Store Saxony Thüringen Oct 17 132,00 137,00 0.00
BAGHDAD, Oct 16 (Reuters) - Iraq expects to produce 3
million tonnes of wheat in the 2018 season, Agriculture Minister
Falah Hasan Zaidan told reporters on Monday in Baghdad.
(Reporting by Muayad Hameed. Editing by Jane Merriman)
© Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Click For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
* Uncertainties over trade, licensing and drug testing
* Adds to regulatory upheaval as EMA uprooted from London
* Some small consultancies relocating from Britain
By Ben Hirschler
Rajkot Oilseed Complex Close-October 16
1. Groundnut oil prices dropped due to low retail demand.
2. Cottonseed oil moved down due to increased selling from refinery units.
Brazilian soy producers had planted 12 percent of their 2017/2018 crop through last Thursday, in line with a five-year average but behind the pace of the prior cycle, amid lack of rain in key producing regions.
* Soybeans consolidate after highest since July 31 on Friday
* Drier weather could see U.S. harvest accelerate
* USDA yield cut, Brazil dryness, Chinese demand supportive
* Market eyes crop progress, export inspection, soy crush data