You are here
VEGOILS-Market factors to watch March 21
The following factors are likely to influence Malaysian palm oil futures and other vegetable oil
* Malaysian palm oil futures rose to their highest in nearly two years with dry weather expected
to limit output, resulting in falling inventories in Malaysia and as competing vegetable oils
* U.S. wheat futures edged higher on Friday, snapping a three-day losing streak on some
end-of-week short-covering, traders said.
* Crude oil slid for a second session on Monday, falling further from last week's 2016 highs on
concerns over a supply glut after the U.S rig count rose for the first time since December.
* The S&P 500 closed in positive territory for the year for the first time in 2016, leading a
gauge of stocks across major markets to a fifth week of gains, its longest weekly run in more
than two years.
> India's rapeseed output to rise 16 pct to 5.8 mln T -trade body
> Monsanto shows interest in Bayer's crop science unit -sources
> Raw sugar hits over 1-year high, arabica coffee ends week up 7 pct
> EU wants stricter position limits for food commodities
> Greek bailout review to be interrupted for Catholic Easter
> Cargo surveyor ITS releases Malaysia's March 1-20 palm oil export data on March 21.
> Cargo surveyor SGS releases Malaysia's March 1-20 palm oil export data on March 21.
* For a table on Malaysian physical palm oil prices, including refined oil, Reuters Terminal
users can double click on or type.
* To view freight rates from Peninsula Malaysia/Sumatra to China, India, Pakistan and
Rotterdam, please key in and press enter, or double click between the brackets.
* Reuters Terminal users can see cash and futures edible oil prices by double clicking on
the codes in the brackets: To go to the next page in the same chain, hit F12. To go back, hit
Palm, soy and crude oil prices at 0053 GMT
Contract Month Last Change Low High Volume
MY PALM OIL APR6 0 +0.00 0 0 0
MY PALM OIL MAY6 0 +0.00 0 0 0
MY PALM OIL JUN6 0 +0.00 0 0 0
CHINA PALM OLEIN SEP6 5348 -4.00 5322 5362 246288
CHINA SOYOIL SEP6 6012 -16.00 5990 6038 241758
CBOT SOY OIL MAY6 33.19 -7.60 33.15 33.28 1385
INDIA PALM OIL MAR6 512.80 -7.60 512.20 521.7 2488
INDIA SOYOIL APR6 625.3 -4.50 624.6 631.4 72050
NYMEX CRUDE APR6 38.98 -0.46 38.96 39.28 457
Palm oil prices in Malaysian ringgit per tonne
CBOT soy oil in U.S. cents per pound
Dalian soy oil and RBD palm olein in Chinese yuan
India soy oil in Indian rupee per 10 kg
Crude in U.S. dollars per barrel
Vegetable oils --
Malaysian palm oil exports --
CBOT soyoil futures -- <0#BO:>
CBOT soybean futures -- <0#S:>
Indian solvent --
Weekly Indian vegetable oils --
Dalian Commodity Exchange --
Dalian soyoil futures -- <0#DBY:>
Dalian refined palm oil futures -- <0#DCP:>
Zhengzhou rapeseed oil -- <0#COI:>
European edible oil prices/trades --
(Reporting by Praveen Menon)
© Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Click For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp