You are here
Humic Acid and the application in Agriculture
Humic Acid (humus or humate)is extracted from compressed, ancient plant matter in the form of leonardite (a soft brown coal) as one kind of high polymer heterogeneous aromatic materials contains hydroxyl, carboxyl, phenolic hydroxyl and other active groups with black brown appearance. While humic acid react with different alkaline and prepared by extraction of lignite, brown coal or leonardite, we can potassium humate, sodium humate, boron humate, magnesium humate etc.
It is an ideal additive to boost bio-activity and improve the performance of compost or composted fertilizers. The composting process speeds the release of the humic and fulvic acids.
Function & Benefits:
- Enhance nutrient uptake by combining nutrients and humic aid as well as keep a well-balanced nutrition.
- Improve the structure of soil, increase the buffering powder of soil, optimize N. P. K absorption by plants.
- Neutralize both acid and alkaline soils, regulate the PH value of soils, with the prominent effect in alkaline and acidic soil
- Reduce nitrate leaking into the groundwater and protect the underground water
- Enhance the resilience of crops, such as cold, drought, pest, disease and toppling resistance
- Stabilize nitrogen and improve nitrogen efficiency (as an additive with urea)
- Promote healthier, stronger plants and beautify appearance
- Buffering the effects of excessive elements (particularly sodium), toxic chemicals and heavy metals.
- Promoting seed germination in a shorter time
- Offering soil structure improvement by promoting fungi to create a crumb structure for better water and oxygen intake and improved root penetration
- Extending the performance of urea in the soil by 60-80 days and buffers the burning effect of urea as a foliar
To keep a sustainable agriculture development, we need to pursue using natural organic fertilizers like humic acid, this is what important for us to create a better future of lives, and human lives -XSYAGRI
Application & Dosage:
- 50-100kgs/ha/time, 2-3 times during seedling and growth stage, better to be applied with N, P fertilizers for field crop
- 1-2kgs/per plant for fruit tree
- Mixing 30-60kgs per ton of composite with other additives or according to the condition of soil
The humic acid content normally can be ranged from 40% to 80%. Moisture content below 15%, and it can be made into different forms, like Powder, Granule, Pearl, Ball etc.
Read more about