Chocolate-cream cheese pie
Treat that special someone to this decadent dessert.
Prep: 20 minutes
- 1 4-serving size package fat-free, sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 3/4 cups fat-free milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 of an 8-ounce package reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 of an 8-ounce container frozen light whipped dessert topping, thawed
- 1 6-ounce chocolate-flavor crumb pie shell
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon grated semi-sweet chocolate
1. In a medium bowl prepare pudding mix according to package directions using the milk. Stir in vanilla; set aside.
2. Place cream cheese in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on 100% power (high) for 15 seconds; stir. Microwave on 100% for 15 seconds more. Beat cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium speed for 15 seconds. Add half of the pudding mixture; beat until smooth. Add remaining pudding mixture; beat until smooth. Fold in half of the whipped topping. Spread mixture in pie shell. Chill about four hours or until set.
3. Top individual servings with remaining whipped topping, raspberries, and grated chocolate. Makes 10 servings.
Nutrition facts per serving: 180 calories, 8 g total fat, 9 mg cholesterol, 285 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrates, 1 g dietary fiber, 4 g protein.
From Our Kitchen
Recipes are tested by the food authorities for Better Homes and Gardens magazine, a sister publication of Successful Farming magazine. For more recipes, visit the Recipe Center at www.bhg.com. For questions, write to:
SF Food Editor
1716 Locust Street/LS257
Des Moines, IA 50309-3023