As you begin to pull out your favorite recipes for the festivities this season, you'll want to include Holiday Biscotti. These delicious treats make a tasty gift when packaged with a bag of premium coffee or different blends of tea.
Preparation: 15 minutes
Bake: 375˚F. / 325˚F.
2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup dried sweetened cranberries
2 tablespoons grated orange zest
2 ounces white chocolate melted with 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Grease large cookie sheet.
2. In small bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and salt. In large bowl, with electric mixer on medium, beat butter and brown sugar about 2 minutes or until creamy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla. Stir in flour mixture. Stir in cranberries and orange zest. Gather mixture into a ball. Divide in half.
3. Using floured hands, roll each portion into a 14-inch-long log. Place on prepared cookie sheet. Press dough slightly to flatten so each log is 2 inches wide.
4. Bake at 375°F. about 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to wire rack and let cool.
5. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F. Cut loaves into 3/4-inch-thick slices. Place slices, cut sides down, on baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Turn over; bake for 10 minutes longer. Cool on wire rack. Drizzle with white chocolate mixture. Makes 3 dozen biscotti.
Nutrition facts per one biscotti: 82 calories, 4 g total fat, 19 mg cholesterol, 31 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrates, 0 g dietary fiber, 1 g protein.
From The Field
This unique cookbook is filled with more than 300 of the very best game recipes from across the country. Successful Farming magazine will donate $4 from the sale of each book to Pheasants Forever to help preserve national wildlife habitat. Price: $24.95. To order, call 800/678-5752 or click here.