A new view
They say a picture is worth a thousand words. With Precision Planting's 20/20 SeedSense with FieldView, one picture is worth a thousand numbers.
The FieldView system links the 20/20 SeedSense display to an iPad tablet to give you an instant view of your fields, singulation, down force, spacing, population, hybrids, and more. This system gives you the ability to see trends and patterns in your fields as they happen.
“In the past, you've seen lots of numbers with the 20/20 SeedSense,” says John Larkin, Precision Planting. “You could take this information and export it out with the USB key and run it through our Automap software and generate maps so you could look at your population map, your singulation map, or your down force map. All of the attributes you were monitoring on SeedSense, you could generate maps from.”
What the company is adding is an iPad application that automatically maps that information live in the cab.
“It's the same information, but what we do is connect the SeedSense monitor through a module that Apple has approved and feed that information into the FieldView app running on the iPad,” he says.
Because all field and planting data is stored on your iPad tablet, you have a mobile tool to take to the office or out scouting.
The suggested price of the FieldView system is $970.
Benefits at a Glance
Investing in 20/20 SeedSense with FieldView provides these benefits.
● Offers instant mapping.
● Uses foot by foot, row by row high-definition images.
● Uses iPad tablet rather than costly limited-purpose terminal.
● Extends the value of the SeedSense display.
● Keeps current setup, configuration, exporting, mapping, and detailed seed data functions available on SeedSense display.
● Includes an advanced, portable scouting tool.
● Is powered by 3G for in-cab support, giving access to applications, e-mail, and Internet.
● Can move SeedSense and FieldView to the combine for use with the harvest monitor.
● Features robust graphics and Google Earth imagery rather than ISOBUS stick-figure icons.
● Has a simple setup and navigation, which includes Apple support.
● Gives year-round use of planter monitor.