You are here
Dashboard puts key information at farmer's fingertips
Trimble's Connected Farm dashboard provides one centralized location for farmers to view key information impacting their operations. With this information, farmers will be able to make better daily decisions based on the latest data. The Connected Farm dashboard is customizable and accessible via Internet-enabled devices such as desktop and notebook personal computers, smartphones and tablets, and Trimble's new TMX-2050 display.
With the Connected Farm dashboard farmers will be able to:
- Check daily rainfall totals for each virtual rain gauge without the use of physical rain gauges.
- View the weather forecast weekly, daily, or hourly for a given location including temperature, humidity, chance of precipitation and wind speed.
- Set up a Doppler radar map to show upcoming weather patterns for their area.
- Check the latest commodity prices.
- View farming operations data.
- Monitor a fleet by tracking the location and status of vehicles and receive geo-fence and curfew alerts. Farmers also can link through to Trimble's Connected Farm fleet app to add landmarks or for turn-by-turn directions to locate vehicles from their current position, and view historical positions.
- View a boundaries map created with Trimble's Connected Farm scout app.
"With the Connected Farm dashboard, farmers can quickly see a snapshot view of their latest field operation as well as key information that may impact today's activities such as rainfall, commodities, and the day's weather forecast," says Joe Denniston, vice president for Trimble's Agriculture Division. "With this information available in one convenient central location through Connected Farm, farmers can access the information they need to make the best daily decisions about their farm. Since the dashboard can be accessed from Internet-enabled devices, farmers can make these decisions from potentially any location at any time."
The Connected Farm dashboard is a free Web portal and is currently available. To set up an account, visit
. To view rainfall totals, monitor pivot irrigators (when available), or for fleet management, customers will need to purchase these services. Contact a local Trimble reseller at
for more information.