Tractor parade fun
Choices, choices, choices.
My friend Matt had to decide. Was it going to be his JD 7420 tractor or his IHC 460 to drive in the 10th Annual Randolph FFA Tractor Parade this morning (April 11, 2012) in Randolph, MN. The IHC 460 had the sentimental edge as it was Matt’s grandfather’s tractor and then sold to Matt’s dad years ago. Restored with a Schwartz wide front.
But Matt Braun went with the JD 7420 for the parade, mostly for logistical reasons. “Today it was stuck in the back of the shop,” said Braun about his IHC 460. “I didn’t get up to the farm until later, so I’m like well, let’s take this tractor.” So the JD 7420 it was. Nice looking rig. You can see Matt and his JD 7420 tractor in this Youtube video I posted after the parade:
Matt promised next year for the 11th Annual Randolph FFA Tractor Parade he would go with the IHC 460. I can’t wait to see it bud. Until then, here’s a list of all the IHC 460 Tractors I’ve seen sold at auction over the last 10+ years:
www.Machinerypete.com (1-yr. subscription $69.95; 1-week $10):
- "Auction results" 302,933 sale price on ALL types of equipment. Updated daily
- "Upcoming auctions" free searchable list of equipment on upcoming sales
- "Dealer equip." free searchable list of equipment for sale by dealers
- "Who Makes it?" searchable database of farm equipment Mfg's
- "Classifieds" free place to list your used equipment for sale
- Machinery Pete blog...see what Pete's yakking about
- Machinery Pete's 2010 Auction Price Guide: $19.95, call 800-381-0423
- Pete's new Facebook page
- See the latest Agriculture.com columns from Pete