Deere 4440 sells for $47,500
I knew it would sell high.
But $47,500? Yep, that’s what the 1981 JD 4440 tractor with 4,552 hours, quad range, in very good condition sold for on a January 19, 2013, farm auction in Hudson, Iowa, a sale by Dave White Auction Service. Here’s a YouTube video I just posted showing the tractor sell on the auction plus a little intro to put the sale price of $47,500 into perspective.
I should have known the sale price could creep that high based on what I’ve been seeing since about the middle of last August, namely auction sale prices really rising on very good condition used tractors. The tractor pictured above, a John Deere 4440 with 5,333 hours, good condition but not the original owner, sold for $42,000 on an October 24, 2012, farm auction in south-central Wisconsin.
Click on the link below to view all the auction sale price data I’ve compiled on JD 4440 tractors the past 13 months:
- www.Machinerypete.com (1-yr. subscription $69.95; 1-week $10)
- "Auction Results" 329,047 sale prices on ALL types of equipment. Updated daily.
- "Upcoming Auctions" free searchable list of equipment on upcoming sales.
- "Dealer Equipment" free searchable list of equipment for sale by dealers.
- "Who Makes it?" searchable database of farm equipment manufacturers.
- "Classifieds" free place to list your used equipment for sale.
- Machinery Pete blog...see what Pete's yakking about.