Have trailer, ready to buy
Motivated buyers bring trailers to the auction.
Some would say those folks are simply optimists. Others would say they are overly committed bidders, the auctioneer’s best friends on sale day. I’ve heard tons of stories over the years, another fun one yesterday from a farm auction out in west-central Nebraska (Gurley, NE).
Auctioneer Mike Nuss with Helburg and Nuss Auctions & Realty was telling me about the repainted 1998 CaseIH 8940 front-wheel assist tractor with 2,346 hours that sold for $85,000 on yesterday’s auction. Folks, that is the 2nd highest auction sale price I’ve seen on a CaseIH 8940 in 11 years. See a pic of this tractor below, followed a link you can click on to see the auction sale prices I’ve compiled on 8940’s over the years:
Mike told me (2) guys from eastern Nebraska made the long trek out to Gurley, NE, in the far west-central part of the state, for yesterday’s auction. They both came wanting to buy the CaseIH 8940. One guy brought his trailer. They were competing against phone bidders from as far away as Idaho, Minnesota and Wisconsin.
Turns out our friend with the trailer did not get the winning bid, the other eastern Nebraska farmer did. So the lucky new owner of the 8940 hired the other eastern Nebraska guy with the trailer to haul it back home across the state.
- www.Machinerypete.com (1-yr. subscription $69.95; 1-week $10)
- "Auction Results" 317,778 sale prices on ALL types of equipment. Updated daily.
- "Upcoming Auctions" free searchable list of equipment on upcoming sales.
- "Dealer Equipment" free searchable list of equipment for sale by dealers.
- "Who Makes it?" searchable database of farm equipment manufacturers.
- "Classifieds," a free place to list your used equipment for sale.
- Machinery Pete blog... See what Pete's yakking about.
- Machinery Pete YouTube videos (click on video player image on homepage).
- Pete's new Facebook page (lots of pics & info uploaded daily).
- Machinery Pete's 2011 Auction Price Guide: $19.95, call 800-381-0423