Hot prices on Wisconsin auction
Two very interesting tidbits from a real nice farm auction Monday in west-central Wisconsin:
1997 CaseIH 8920 MFWD tractor with 1,641 “1 owner” hours, always shedded, never used in winter, sold for $96,000. The owner paid $71,000 for this tractor new back in 1998. New record high auction price here at $96,000, besting previous high sale price of $88,000 set just on December 3, 2011, on a farm auction in northwest Illinois for a 1997 8920 MFWD with 1,582 hours.
Miller 4-row 3pt. cultivator sold for $1,700. Wow. I checked our auction sale price data and that is $700 higher than any Miller 4-row cultivator I’ve seen sold at auction over the last 16+ years. The previous high sale price ($1,000) came on a February 23, 1996 farm auction in this same west-central Wisconsin region.
16 years later and a similar one sells for 70% more money. Wow.
www.Machinerypete.com (1-yr. subscription $69.95; 1-week $10):
- "Auction results" 295,984 sale price on ALL types of equipment. Updated daily
- "Upcoming auctions" free searchable list of equipment on upcoming sales
- "Dealer equip." free searchable list of equipment for sale by dealers
- "Who Makes it?" searchable database of farm equipment Mfg's
- "Classifieds" free place to list your used equipment for sale
- Machinery Pete blog...see what Pete's yakking about
- Machinery Pete's 2010 Auction Price Guide: $19.95, call 800-381-0423
- Pete's new Facebook page
- See the latest Agriculture.com columns from Pete