You are here
Machinery Pete: Flood of Deere 635F heads
That’s how it feels when we talk about the volume of JD 635F grain platforms on the used equipment market. I’ve seen an incredible uptick in the number sold at auction over the past 2+ years, staggering actually. Here’s the scoop.
So a drop of 30.7% in value from 2009 ($23,481) to last year ($16,263).
Not surprisingly, these JD 635F heads have dropped in value as more hit the auction market
for sale. Simple supply and demand at work here. I’ve seen the same trend with other used grain platforms of this vintage made by other equipment Mfg’s. Shifting customer buying preferences are always at play in the used farm equipment market.
These shifts can occur over a fairly short period of time too, so very important to stay in tune with what comparable items have been recently been selling for. Click on the link below to view the auction sale prices I have compiled on JD 635F grain platforms going back to Jan. 1, 2012:
Looking for a 635F head? I see one coming up for sale Saturday (May 11, 2013) on a farm estate auction in Stafford, KS. Here's a pic.
Here’s a link to this farm auction’s sale bill by my long-time friends at Carr Real Estate & Auction.
www.Machinerypete.com (1-yr. subscription $69.95; 1-week $10)
- "auction results" 344,168 sale prices on ALL types of equipment. Updated daily
- "upcoming auctions" free searchable list of equipment on upcoming sales
- "dealer equip." free searchable list of equipment for sale by dealers
- "Who Makes it?" searchable database of farm equipment Mfg's
- "Classifieds" free place to list your used equipment for sale
- Machinery Pete blog...see what Pete's yakking about
- Machinery Pete YouTube videos (click on video player image on homepage)
- Pete's new Facebook page (lots of pics & info uploaded daily)