Machinery Pete: John Deere 9510 Combine Sold for $108,000
Older, smaller used combines with low hours are “hot” items right now.
More proof came last Saturday on a very nice farm auction in central Saskatchewan, near Saskatoon. A 1998 JD 9510 with 1,072 engine hours sold with a JD 912 pickup header for $108,000. Even if we take off $5,000 to account for the 912 head (generous), we’re still in the $103,000 range for the 15-year 9510 combine. Here’s a pic:
This right on top of the March 1, 2013 farm auction in east-central Pennsylvania where a 1998 JD 9510 combine with 893 engine hours sold for $93,500 (no heads). Like I said, older, smaller used combines with low hours are definitely “hot” sellers currently.
Well, lot of smaller farm operations out there who don’t need the big bad boy machines. Maybe they have smaller fields in tighter spots. Maybe they are just looking for a great 2nd machine to have at the ready. I think auctioneer Brendan Kramer with Kramer Auctions, Ltd. who just sold the 1998 JD 9510 and header for $108,000 on the Saskatoon, SK auction Saturday summed it up very well in the Youtube video I just posted (6:48 mark of the video):
$108,000 (with header) on the Saskatchewan auction and $93,500 on the Pennsylvania auction last month are the (2) highest auction sale prices I’ve seen on JD 9510 combines since December 1999…13+ years. Click on the link below to view auction sale prices I have compiled on JD 9510’s the past few years:
- "auction results" 342,826 sale prices on ALL types of equipment. Updated daily
- "upcoming auctions" free searchable list of equipment on upcoming sales
- "dealer equip." free searchable list of equipment for sale by dealers
- "Who Makes it?" searchable database of farm equipment Mfg's
- "Classifieds" free place to list your used equipment for sale
- Machinery Pete blog...see what Pete's yakking about
- Machinery Pete Youtube videos (click on video player image on homepage)
- Pete's new Facebook page (lots of pics & info uploaded daily)