Talking used combine values
Yesterday, July 25, 2012, I covered a large consignment auction up in West Fargo, ND. I was most interested in how the 20+ combines would sell, but also interested of course in the tractors. Here’s a YouTube video I posted late last night of the 2009 JD 8295R MFWD tractor with 1,590 hours that sold on yesterday’s North Dakota consignment auction by Steffes Auctioneers:
The first combine in the long row of harvesters to sell was a 2008 JD 9870 STS combine with 1,486 engine hours. Just two days earlier on an online dealer auction in southeast Minnesota, another 2008 model JD 9870 STS with 1,828 engine hours sold for $150,000. Here’s a pic of the 2008 JD 9870 STS on yesterday’s North Dakota auction:
2008 JD 9870 STS combine with 1,486 engine hours sold for $159,000 on 7/25/12 West Fargo, ND consignment auction.
It sold yesterday for $159,000.
Of course a high level of interest currently in how used equipment in general, but later model used combines in particular are holding up value-wise given the drought conditions over such a wide area. I blogged on this topic on my www.machinerypete.com web site on Monday of this week. Geography becoming very important again in terms of current used values. At yesterday’s auction in southeast North Dakota I talked a dealer I know from west-central Minnesota…they’ve sold (8) new combines in the past week.
So definitely not doom and gloom all over. Far from it. On the drive home from North Dakota to my home base of Rochester, MN after the auction yesterday I noted a flood of new combines on trucks heading North Dakota way.
I’ll be covering a couple more high interest machinery auctions next week, first a huge late-model farm auction in McIntire, IA on August 1st with (2) 2011 JD 9870 STS combines with 493 and 671 engine hours, here’s a pic of the combines:
Tons of other late model equipment on this August 1st farm auction in McIntire, IA. Here’s a link to the sale bill.
The next day, August 2nd, I’ll be in the Chicago, IL area to cover Ritchie Brothers Auctioneers huge consignment sale featuring 51 total combines, 12 JD 9870 STS machines and (2) 2011 model 9870 STS’s.
Here’s a link to the Aug. 2nd Ritchie Brothers Auctioneers Chicago, IL sale.
I will of course post news & notes from both these machinery auctions plus other nice sales taking place around North America on our Machinery Pete web site blog, Facebook and Twitter pages and also in our Youtube video channel after each sale. Below is a link to click on showing all the JD 9870 STS combines I’ve seen sold at auction the last few years:
How will used farm equipment values hold up? Stay tuned.
- www.Machinerypete.com (1-yr. subscription $69.95; 1-week $10)
- "auction results" 312,561 sale prices on ALL types of equipment. Updated daily
- "upcoming auctions" free searchable list of equipment on upcoming sales
- "dealer equip." free searchable list of equipment for sale by dealers
- "Who Makes it?" searchable database of farm equipment Mfg's
- "Classifieds" free place to list your used equipment for sale
- Machinery Pete blog...see what Pete's yakking about
- Machinery Pete YouTube videos (click on video player image on homepage)
- Pete's new Facebook page (lots of pics & info uploaded daily)
- Machinery Pete's 2011 Auction Price Guide: $19.95, call 800-381-0423