Tractor & tillage prices rising in November
The V-ripper or the Tractor?
Which to focus on? Both set new record-high auction sale prices on the farm retirement auction Saturday (November 3, 2012) in north-central Iowa. How about I focus on both: More concrete confirmation that used tillage and used tractor values continue at elevated levels here late in 2012. These high values are rising further.
The auction I’m referring to this past Saturday was near Bode, Iowa, and was by Hundertmark Auction Service. Auctioneer Tom Hundertmark told me the retiring farmer brothers, in their upper 70s to early 80s, took very good care of their equipment, always shedding their stuff. It showed in the sale prices. Here were the two that caught my eye from this sale:
- 1999 JD 7810 2WD tractor with 2,200 hours, power quad, 42-inch duals: $87,500
- JD 915 V-ripper, 5-shank, auto reset with gauge wheels: $9,500
Both new record-high auction sale prices by a mile. The next highest auction sale price I’ve seen on a JD 7810 2WD tractor is $76,000 for a 2000 model with 840 hours, excellent condition, sold on a February 13, 2010, farm auction in east-central Iowa. So the 2WD 7810 sold on Saturday’s north-central Iowa farm auction had 1,360 more hours, was 13 years old vs. 10, but sold for $11,500 more.
Shows you how hot the good used tractor market is. Click on the link below to view all the auction sale prices I have compiled on JD 7810s the last few years.
The V-ripper is even more telling. $9,500 is a full $5,500 higher than any other auction sale price I’ve seen on a five-shank JD 915 V-ripper. We’re talking about a 137.5% jump in value here. The prior auction sale price high on a 5-shank 915 was $4,000.
- www.Machinerypete.com (1-yr. subscription $69.95; 1-week $10)
- "Auction Results" 317,778 sale prices on ALL types of equipment. Updated daily.
- "Upcoming Auctions" free searchable list of equipment on upcoming sales.
- "Dealer Equipment" free searchable list of equipment for sale by dealers.
- "Who Makes it?" searchable database of farm equipment manufacturers.
- "Classifieds," a free place to list your used equipment for sale.
- Machinery Pete blog... See what Pete's yakking about.
- Machinery Pete YouTube videos (click on video player image on homepage).
- Pete's new Facebook page (lots of pics & info uploaded daily).
- Machinery Pete's 2011 Auction Price Guide: $19.95, call 800-381-0423