You are here
Used tractor values up last year, decade
Used tractor values have gone up. It’s a simple fact.
You know this is true if you follow my breadcrumb trail of auction sale price data and commentary. Quite often I drive the point home by highlighting another new record-high auction sale price from somewhere around the U.S. or Canada. But I don’t need record prices to prove that used tractor values have gone up.
Let’s look at Case 2390s as an example.
Case made the 160-hp. 2390 model from 1978 to 1983. A quick check in our www.machinerypete.com website’s calculator pricing tool and I found this data showing Case 2390 values over the past 10 years.
So Case 2390s are now 30-plus years old, but worth 22.5% more than a year ago and 15.1% more than a decade ago (2002) when they were only 20-some years old. As I’ve been saying, used tractor values have gone up.
Clear proof came again last week on a December 27, 2012, dealer auction in north-central Iowa, where a 1979 Case 2390 tractor with 4,895 hours (400 hours on rebuilt transmission and 300 hours on engine overhaul) sold for $17,000.
www.Machinerypete.com (1-yr. subscription $69.95; 1-week $10)
- "Auction results" 326,740 sale prices on ALL types of equipment. Updated daily
- "Upcoming auctions" free searchable list of equipment on upcoming sales
- "Dealer equip." free searchable list of equipment for sale by dealers
- "Who Makes it?" searchable database of farm equipment manufacturers
- "Classifieds" free place to list your used equipment for sale
- Machinery Pete blog...see what Pete's yakking about
- Machinery Pete Youtube videos (click on video player image on homepage)
- Pete's new Facebook page (lots of pics & info uploaded daily)
- Machinery Pete's 2011 Auction Price Guide: $19.95, call 800-381-0423