Live auction commentary
I monitored a pair of nice farm auctions today, July 13, 2011.
One sale was in west-central Minnesota, the other in east-central North Dakota. I actually did some running "live" commentary on our Machinery Pete Facebook page this afternoon. Fun to drop in my comments as equipment was selling.
So when the JD 2700 disc chisel (7 shank) sold for $24,000 on the west-central Minnesota sale, I quick posted that $24,000 was the second highest auction sale price I had seen in the last 5 1/2 years on a JD 2700. The Brandt 4000EX grain vac sold for $6,100? A new record high sale price. The previous high sale price was $5,800 was for a 1998 model 4000 vac sold on a 4/27/01 auction in southeast North Dakota.
Ditto on the Riteway RR250 rock picker, a new record high auction sale price at $6,500, besting the previous high sale price of $6,100 on a 4/13/05 sale in southeast Minnesota.
But there were also bargains on this west-central Minnesota farm auction today. Like the JD 980 field cultivator (36.5') sold for $9,600. See for yourself:
Three tractors sold on this auction really caught my attention last week. How did they sell? Here's the scoop:
- 1998 JD 9200 4WD with 2,737 hours: $98,000
- 1983 JD 4450 2WD with 7,000 hours: $32,750
- 1982 JD 4040 with 2,892 hours: $24,000
$98,000 for the 13-year old JD 9200 4WD tractor was a very strong sale price I thought. Just a continuation of what I've been seeing all over the U.S. and Canada since late 2010, very nice condition used 4WD tractors bringing big $$'s at auction. $98,000 is the 3rd highest auction sale price I've seen on a JD 9200 in the U.S.
So how did the auction in east-central North Dakota go today? Also very well I thought. One sale price that caught my eye was the 2007 Timpte 42' grain trailer sold for $29,000. I've written and blogged often the last 3-4 years about how used grain trailer values have been very strong. Looks like that trend is also holding here in mid 2011.
www.Machinerypete.com (1-yr. subscription $69.95; 1-week $10):
- "Auction results" 274,564 sale price on ALL types of equipment. Updated daily
- "Upcoming auctions" free searchable list of equipment on upcoming sales
- "Dealer equip." free searchable list of equipment for sale by dealers
- "Who Makes it?" searchable database of farm equipment Mfg's
- "Classifieds" free place to list your used equipment for sale
- Machinery Pete blog...see what Pete's yakking about
- Machinery Pete's 2010 Auction Price Guide: $19.95, call 800-381-0423
- Pete's new Facebook page
- See the latest Agriculture.com columns from Pete