Big auctions close out 2011
Any big plans end of 2011 parties?
Me? Yep, I’ve got plans. I’ll be covering (2) very large farm machinery auctions this week, one today (Dec. 28th) in Plainview, MN, a farm auction by Steffes Auctioneers featuring (3) Caterpillar track tractors and (2) Caterpillar Lexion combines. Then on Friday (Dec. 30th) I will be down in Mason City, IA to cover Gehling Auction’s huge absolute inventory reduction auction for Mason City Red Power, Inc.
Friday’s auction in Mason City, IA features (31) mostly late model Combines, including (22) Combines from model year 2009 to 2011. Wow. (8) of those combines are CaseIH 7120’s, ranging in engine hours from 238 to 1,050. What do you think they will sell for? Check the other CaseIH 7120 combines I’ve seen sold at auction the last couple years below:
I will be shooting video at both today’s and Friday’s auctions and will post video to our Machinery Pete YouTube channel after the sales. Used farm equipment values have steadily risen on most all types of equipment categories throughout 2011. The run up in used values picked up additional speed beginning in August and got another big jolt when November rolled around. So now here come (2) large auctions to close out 2011. How will things sell?
We’re about to find out.
www.Machinerypete.com (1-yr. subscription $69.95; 1-week $10):
- "Auction results" 291,589 sale price on ALL types of equipment. Updated daily
- "Upcoming auctions" free searchable list of equipment on upcoming sales
- "Dealer equip." free searchable list of equipment for sale by dealers
- "Who Makes it?" searchable database of farm equipment Mfg's
- "Classifieds" free place to list your used equipment for sale
- Machinery Pete blog...see what Pete's yakking about
- Machinery Pete's 2010 Auction Price Guide: $19.95, call 800-381-0423
- Pete's new Facebook page
- See the latest Agriculture.com columns from Pete