From Pete's mailbag: Low-hour 1660
This is George Otto from Gaylord, MN. I have a 1987 CaseIH 1660 with 1,761 engine hours. It is super clean and in excellent shape. Have you ever seen one with that low of hours? I was wondering what it might be worth? I am watching and looking for a 2366, 2377, 2577, or 2588 with less hours than mine, which is tough to find. Thanks.
Machinery Pete's reply:
Hey George, always great to hear from folks in Gaylord, MN! I used to drive through there on way back from college (Gustavus) to Benson back in the '80s.
Wow, you have yourself a sweet 1660! Those hours are VERY low! Here is a list of all the CaseIH 1660's I've seen sold at auction the last 10 years. I highlighted in RED the lower hour/nicest ones for you to compare yours to:
...NOTE: see the 1660 sold 2/20/10 on auction in southwest Ontario for $72,000...those are Canadian $$'s, on that day converted to $69,264 US $$'s (.9620 conversion rate that day).
For the CaseIH Combine you are looking for...go to our www.Machinerypete.com web site and check in our "upcoming auctions" searchable database a couple times a week. Our staff lists all the items on upcoming sales all over the country in there, always new equipment listings coming in. Mid summer not really busy time of year for auctions, but it will pick up.
....I would also say that with those late-model CaseIH combines you are looking for, right now some dealers trying to work through inventory issues, may be more "buying" opportunities & better value coming up rest of 2011.
Hope this was helpful!
www.Machinerypete.com (1-yr. subscription $69.95; 1-week $10):
- "Auction results" 275,235 sale price on ALL types of equipment. Updated daily
- "Upcoming auctions" free searchable list of equipment on upcoming sales
- "Dealer equip." free searchable list of equipment for sale by dealers
- "Who Makes it?" searchable database of farm equipment Mfg's
- "Classifieds" free place to list your used equipment for sale
- Machinery Pete blog...see what Pete's yakking about
- Machinery Pete's 2010 Auction Price Guide: $19.95, call 800-381-0423
- Pete's new Facebook page
- See the latest Agriculture.com columns from Pete