Soybean Harvest Passes Halfway Point As Weather Window Flies Open
10/20/2014 @ 3:39pm
Corn harvest is just shy of 1/3 complete, while soybean harvest has passed the halfway point, according to Monday's USDA-NASS weekly Crop Progress report. Corn harvest remains well off the average pace after another week of just single-digit progress as an overall percentage of this…
U.S. Labeling Law Distorts Global Livestock Trade, WTO Panel Finds
10/20/2014 @ 2:57pm
Long-disputed country-of-origin labeling, or COOL, gives U.S.-produced livestock a competitive advantage over its imported equivalent, according to a ruling handed down Monday at the World Trade Organization (WTO).Country-of-origin labeling, originally enacted in 2009 and revised in 2013, creates…
Illinois Farmers Mudding Out Corn Harvest
10/20/2014 @ 12:23pm
Though warmer, drier weather's making harvest easier now, it's already been a slog for some farmers in central Illinois.
Featured VideosView All Videos Search
- Questions Surrounding Data Concern Are Answered
- Global Issues for a Younger Generation
- How to Indentify Saline and Sodic Soils
- Cool Tools: Trouble Free Worklight
- Gregg Sauder: The Farm of the Future
- Pre-Harvest Checklist
- Confluence - Nutrients and Water Quality
- A Farmer’s Perspective on Cover Crops
- Soil Health at Farm Science Review
- The Loess Hills Tractor Ride
- Farm Management
- Successful Farming
- Products & Classifieds
DES MOINES, Iowa (Agriculture.com)— The CME Group’s corn, soybean, and wheat markets finished lower under harvest pressure Monday.At the close, the December corn futures finished 1/4 cent higher at $3.48 per…
- How bad is the California drought?
- The 'Stickler'
- Eyes on your Farm
- Huge Drone Market
- Drought Damage Out West
- Dairy farm health benefits
- One tough rig
- Blues & Cheese
- Summer work clothes
- Ag on the Big Screen
- Vermont Labels GMOs
- A 'Dance' or 'Grey Cat?'
- It's National Ag Day!
- 'Innovator. Farmer. Humanitarian. Iowan.'