'No Major Setbacks' for Harvest After Spotty Late-Week Showers -- Forecasters
10/22/2014 @ 7:49am
After a few showers move through the eastern Plains and northwestern Corn Belt late this week and into the weekend, and chances for light showers at a few points in the western Midwest and northern Delta late next week, weather conditions should remain free of setbacks for corn and soybean harvest…
Harvest Advances; Price Drop Needed to Stimulate Demand
10/21/2014 @ 3:04pm
As harvest is advancing on this record-large corn and soybean yielding crop, prices are actually rising as South American weather is not conducive to getting the crop planted up to this point. Corn harvest is now 31% harvested, advancing 7% last week but still well behind normal development…
Grain Storage Issues? Not as Bad as Earlier Feared -- Economist
10/20/2014 @ 12:40pm
The large size of fall-harvested crops in the U.S. has raised very real concerns about the ability to readily store the record supply of crops available this year. Supplies that exceed permanent storage capacity require the use of temporary storage facilities or may require delayed harvest in some…
Featured VideosView All Videos Search
- Are We In a Climate Change?
- Questions Surrounding Data Concern
- Global Issues for a Younger Generation
- Cool Tools: Trouble Free Worklight
- Gregg Sauder: The Farm of the Future
- Pre-Harvest Checklist
- Confluence - Nutrients and Water Quality
- A Farmer’s Perspective on Cover Crops
- Soil Health at Farm Science Review
- The Loess Hills Tractor Ride
- Farm Management
- Successful Farming
- Products & Classifieds
Wheat continued to crawl up, but corn and soybeans closed the day lower.The December corn futures are trading 3 cents lower at $3.53 per bushel.November soybean futures are trading 1 1/2 cents lower at $9.62…
- How bad is the California drought?
- The 'Stickler'
- Eyes on your Farm
- Huge Drone Market
- Drought Damage Out West
- Dairy farm health benefits
- One tough rig
- Blues & Cheese
- Summer work clothes
- Ag on the Big Screen
- Vermont Labels GMOs
- A 'Dance' or 'Grey Cat?'
- It's National Ag Day!
- 'Innovator. Farmer. Humanitarian. Iowan.'