Harvest Headquarters: Keep Up With What's Going On In The Field
10/17/2014 @ 12:24pm
It's been cool and wet in much of the Corn Belt the last couple of weeks, but looking ahead, that's likely to change, forecasters say, and that could send corn and soybean harvest progress surging in the next week and beyond. See the latest reports from the field here and find out more…
Soybeans A Better Deal In 2015?
10/17/2014 @ 8:29am
Soybean prices have been in a down-slide since late spring. Due to low corn prices, soybeans appear to be a more attractive crop to plant. Put another way, corn is likely losing acres at current price levels. Conventional wisdom says the southern hemisphere will plant more soybean acres this…
3D Printing Parts, Tools a Decade Away From Your Farm -- Specialists
10/15/2014 @ 6:41am
Three-dimensional printing may be closer to reality on your farm than you might think.Local Motors, an Arizona-based company drawing upon the work and ideas of scores of engineers, has released its Strati, a 3D-printed car. While not every piece of the vehicle -- which more resembles a dune buggy…
Featured VideosView All Videos Search
- Over-Arching Issues at the World Food Prize
- The Future of Food Security
- How to Indentify Saline and Sodic Soils
- Cool Tools: Trouble Free Worklight
- Gregg Sauder: The Farm of the Future
- Pre-Harvest Checklist
- Confluence - Nutrients and Water Quality
- A Farmer’s Perspective on Cover Crops
- Soil Health at Farm Science Review
- The Loess Hills Tractor Ride
- Farm Management
- Successful Farming
- Products & Classifieds
The CME Group corn, soybean and wheat markets are poised to start mostly higher. The Early Calls for the commodities on Friday, October 17, 2014, are mostly higher. Corn is seen opening 1-2 cents…
- How bad is the California drought?
- The 'Stickler'
- Eyes on your Farm
- Huge Drone Market
- Drought Damage Out West
- Dairy farm health benefits
- One tough rig
- Blues & Cheese
- Summer work clothes
- Ag on the Big Screen
- Vermont Labels GMOs
- A 'Dance' or 'Grey Cat?'
- It's National Ag Day!
- 'Innovator. Farmer. Humanitarian. Iowan.'