Grain Storage Issues? Not As Bad As Earlier Feared -- Economist
10/20/2014 @ 12:40pm
The large size of fall harvested crops in the U.S. have raised very real concerns about the ability to readily store the record supply of crops available this year. Supplies that exceed permanent storage capacity require the use of temporary storage facilities or may require delayed harvest in some…
SoyRoy: Harvest and Baseball
10/20/2014 @ 7:06am
Those of us who mark our age as more than three score and ten years remember what we were doing during certain history making events. In my case, one of those events was the San Francisco earth quake of 1989. The fact that I am a baseball fan and was a full time farmer at the time made that event…
Illinois Farmers Mudding Out Corn Harvest
10/20/2014 @ 12:23pm
Though warmer, drier weather's making harvest easier now, it's already been a slog for some farmers in central Illinois.
Featured VideosView All Videos Search
- Over-Arching Issues at the World Food Prize
- The Future of Food Security
- How to Indentify Saline and Sodic Soils
- Cool Tools: Trouble Free Worklight
- Gregg Sauder: The Farm of the Future
- Pre-Harvest Checklist
- Confluence - Nutrients and Water Quality
- A Farmer’s Perspective on Cover Crops
- Soil Health at Farm Science Review
- The Loess Hills Tractor Ride
- Farm Management
- Successful Farming
- Products & Classifieds
DES MOINES, Iowa (Agriculture.com)— The CME Group’s corn, soybean and wheat markets remain under pressure Monday.At mid-session, the December corn futures are trading 1 1/4 cents lower at $3.46 per bushel.November…
- How bad is the California drought?
- The 'Stickler'
- Eyes on your Farm
- Huge Drone Market
- Drought Damage Out West
- Dairy farm health benefits
- One tough rig
- Blues & Cheese
- Summer work clothes
- Ag on the Big Screen
- Vermont Labels GMOs
- A 'Dance' or 'Grey Cat?'
- It's National Ag Day!
- 'Innovator. Farmer. Humanitarian. Iowan.'