Bringing big bucks: 10- to 20-year-old tractors
Take a look at this CaseIH 7120 tractor.
A 1992 model 7120, two-wheel drive, with 1,813 hours, sold on a nice farm auction yesterday (Sept. 29th) in southwest Ohio for $45,000. That makes it the fourth highest auction sale price I've seen over the last ten years on two-wheel drive CaseIH 7120s.
Need visual proof?Ok, here's a Youtube video I posted last weekend, highlights from a nice farm estate auction Saturday (Sept. 25th) in southeast Minnesota. The second item featured in the video is a 1995 Ford-NH 8770 MFWD tractor with 1,959 hours. The price it sells for ties the highest auction sale price I've seen on a Ford-NH 8770 in the last 13 years.
Back on September 11th, on a super farm auction in northwest Illinois, a 2000 model JD 8410 MFWD tractor with just 584 hours sold for $136,000. That was $23,000 more than I'd ever seen a JD 8410 tractor sell for at auction. In fact, it was $17,400 more than I've ever seen a 8410 priced at for sale on a dealer's lot.How do I know that? I checked our www.Machinerypete.com web site's "Calculator" pricing tool. We've compiled 301 dealer advertised sale prices on JD 8410 tractors over the years. The highest advertised price? $118,600 all the way back in 2003 when 8410's were still very new.Oh, and guess how long it took this JD 8410 to sell for $136,000 on the September 11th auction in northwest Illinois? Less than two minutes. Wow.
www.Machinerypete.com (1-yr. subscription $69.95; 1-week $10)
- "Auction results" 244,994 sale price on ALL types of equipment. Updated daily
- "Upcoming auctions" free searchable list of equipment on upcoming sales
- "Dealer equip." free searchable list of equipment for sale by dealers
- "Who Makes it?" searchable database of farm equipment Mfg's
- "Classifieds" free place to list your used equipment for sale
- Machinery Pete blog...see what Pete's yakking about
- Machinery Pete's 2010 Auction Price Guide: $19.95, call 800-381-0423
- Pete's new Facebook page
- See the latest Agriculture.com columns from Pete