Hot deal on a low-hour Ford 8000 Tractor
A green paint lover turning blue?
Yep, it would appear so. Peter, a young dairy farmer from New Jersey, is the proud owner of a JD 4440 tractor with 5,700 original hours and also a JD 4240 with 6,700 hours. He also is now the proud owner of a 1970 Ford 8000 tractor with amazingly, only 1,353 original hours. Peter just recently purchased this Ford 8000 with an eye towards selling it.
Peter emailed me late last week with a question, what did I think the 1970 Ford 8000 with 1,353 hours was worth? See for yourself what figure I tossed back to Peter, and also what he's asking for this tractor in this Youtube video I just posted:
Oh, and Peter, in case you're curious about what your JD 4440 and 4240 tractors are worth, check out my auction sale price links below:
www.Machinerypete.com (1-yr. subscription $69.95; 1-week $10):
- "Auction results" 270,125 sale price on ALL types of equipment. Updated daily
- "Upcoming auctions" free searchable list of equipment on upcoming sales
- "Dealer equip." free searchable list of equipment for sale by dealers
- "Who Makes it?" searchable database of farm equipment Mfg's
- "Classifieds" free place to list your used equipment for sale
- Machinery Pete blog...see what Pete's yakking about
- Machinery Pete's 2010 Auction Price Guide: $19.95, call 800-381-0423
- Pete's new Facebook page
- See the latest Agriculture.com columns from Pete