Pioneer adds regional seed distributors
DuPont announced today it has acquired Seed Consultants, Inc., Washington C.H., Ohio, and Terral Seed, Lake Providence, Louisiana, as part of its Pioneer Hi-Bred PROaccessSM business strategy, according to a DuPont report.
These 2 seed companies have been distributing products under the Pioneer-owned trademarks:
- Supreme EX®brand corn hybrids and soybean varieties, distributed by Seed Consultants
- REV®brand corn hybrids and soybean varieties, distributed by Terral Seed
- First introduced in December 2008, the PROaccessSM business strategy enables Pioneer to make available its seed genetics to more growers through a network of distributors. Pioneer will continue its PROaccessSM distribution agreements with other independent seed companies as previously announced:
- Beck’s Hybrids, Atlanta, Ind., distributor of XL™ brand corn hybrids and soybean varieties
- Burrus Hybrids, Arenzville, Ill., distributor of Power Plus® brand corn hybrids and soybean Doebler’s PA Hybrids Inc., Jersey Shore, Pa., distributor of RPM® brand corn hybrids and soybean varieties.
In early December 2010, Pioneer closed the acquisitions of Hoegemeyer Hybrids, Hooper, Neb., distributor of HPT® brand corn hybrids and soybean varieties; NuTech Seed, Ames, Iowa, distributor of G2® brand corn hybrids and soybean varieties; and AgVenture, Inc., Kentland, Ind., which distributes VPMaxx® brand corn hybrids and soybean varieties through its 39 independently owned and managed Regional Seed Companies. Pioneer also sells a complete lineup of corn and soybean seed under Curry® brand seed.