Heavy-Duty and Fuel-Efficient Excavators
JCB is adding to its Tier 4 Interim heavy excavator range with the introduction of the crawler excavators JS220, JS260, and JS360. The JS220 is the first heavy model to be powered by JCB’s 4.8-liter Ecomax engine, which meets the Tier 4i emissions standard without the need for any exhaust gas after treatment. The engine delivers 172 hp. and is equipped with 29,000 psi fuel injection, a variable geometry turbocharger, and full electronic engine control. The JS260 and JS360 continue to be powered by emissions-compliant Isuzu engines.
Main features of the new excavators include:
- 10% improvement in fuel economy with Ecomax
- 7-inch LCD monitor with JCB Smart Controls
- Increased operator comfort with lower cab noise levels
- Improved JCB LiveLink functionality
- JCB’s Tool Select attachment system
The JS220 excavator features a revised boom and dipper arm with deeper steel sections and castings in key pivot points. Starting price for the JS220 is $185,00. The JS260 starts at $240,000, and the JS360 at $350,000.