Goodyear Launches Tire for Single-Axle Drive and 6x2 Applications
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company is introducing a new truck tire that offers enhanced traction and long tread life. The SmartWay verified Goodyear G572 1AD truck tire is designed for single-axle drive and 6x2 applications.
“The G572 1AD has been engineered for high-torque applications found in single-axle drive and 6x2 truck models,” says Brian Buckham, Goodyear Commercial Tire Systems. “The tire’s highly sought-after attributes will help long-haul fleets lower their total operating costs.”
- Goodyear’s Fuel Max Technology, which boasts fuel-saving compounds and advanced design technology to promote energy efficiency and fuel economy.
- Highly siped center rib and lateral grooves for enhanced all-season traction.
- Semi-solid shoulder ribs and a 24/32nds tread depth for enhanced traction, stability and long tread life in high-scrub applications.
- Goodyear’s Tredlock Technology, which features interlocking microgrooves that help stabilize the tread for longer life and enhanced toughness.
- One of the most retreadable casings, which will reduce the fleet’s overall cost-per-mile.
The G572 1AD is available in sizes 295/75R22.5 and 11R22.5, both Load Range G and can use the popular G572 Goodyear UniCircle and procure retread products.