Hesston introduces new self-propelled windrowers
The all-new Hesston® by Massey Ferguson® WR9700 Series Self-Propelled Windrowers being introduced this fall deliver major breakthroughs in windrower equipment and technologies to the marketplace. These new windrowers package innovative technology with specially designed comfort features to ensure producers can efficiently cover more acres each day. Each of the five models is designed to meet the specific needs of producers – from large-scale hay production to grain swathing.
The WR Series boasts many industry firsts, such as an exclusive, easy-to-use C100 Monitor system that controls nearly every aspect of the windrower, for exceptional operating precision and efficiency in the field. Fuel economy also is enhanced on the new WR9700 Series, which meets Tier 4-interim emissions compliance thanks to AGCO POWER™ engines with e3™ clean-air technology. Other new features include an exclusive V-Cool™ System that maintains optimal engine temperatures, a GlideRider™ rear-axle suspension system and an optional semi-active air-suspension seat that combine for a smoother ride and greater operator comfort.
“The all-new WR9700 Series represents a breakthrough in self-propelled windrower technology,” explains Dean Morrell, product marketing manager for hay and forage. “Hesston is the first manufacturer in the industry to develop a machine that operates all hydraulic, engine and drive functions via an on-board computer terminal. These new windrowers allow hay producers to develop quality hay faster and more efficiently with an enhanced level of precision. It’s no exaggeration to say the WR Series is the most important advancement in Hesston technology in 30 years.”
Five Models to Fit Any Need
The WR series is available in five models from 100 hp up to 220 hp, with each model designed to meet the needs of a specific type of operation.
- The WR9770 features our disc header and offers 220+ horsepower and the muscle to operate in heavy crop conditions like winter forage, wet silage hay, and hilly or rough terrain.
- The WR9760 featuring the all-new AGCO POWER™ 4.9L four-cylinder QuadBoost engine producing 188 hp. This model is designed to perform toe-to-toe with any six-cylinder windrower.
- At 137hp, the WR9740 is well equipped to operate any of our sickle and draper headers even in adverse conditions, as it is powered by a 4.9L AGCO POWER engine.
- Designed for grain swathing, the WR9735 features the same engine and drive components as the WR9740 but in a narrow cab configuration.
- The smallest model, WR9725 also for grain swathing, comes in the narrow cab configuration and is powered by a Cummins Tier 4i 100hp engine for very efficient operation.