Case IH Planters with Precision Planting Components
For the 2015 planting season, you will be able to order a Case IH Early Riser planter with Precision Planting components and technology. The Precision Planting parts you selected will be installed at the dealership after the planter leaves the factory.
“The producer is in control,” says Dan Klein, Case IH. “They don’t have to take what the factory sends them, then strip off the parts they don’t need, and replace them with the ones they wanted in the first place.”
Down the road, tentatively in 2016, the Precision Planting components will be a factory-installed option.
Precision Planting options
You can choose to add any or all of the Precision Planting components. Options include:
- CleanSweep floating residue managers
- vDrive with vSet electric-driven meters
- 20/20 SeedSense row-by-row planter performance monitor
- FieldView and FieldView Plus cloud-based planting data system
- DeltaForce hydraulic down pressure
New Precision Planting features, like SpeedTube and multi-hybrid planting, may be available from Case IH in the future, depending on research ensuring the systems are compatible with Case IH planters.
Access to the latest technology isn’t limited to new equipment. Producers who already own Case IH planters can get Precision Planting parts through the parts department at their Case IH dealership. Each Case IH dealership offering Precision Planting technology must meet three standards:
- Maintain Case IH Advanced Farming Systems certified status
- Have two Precision Planting certified representatives on staff
- Have a MeterMax test stand for row unit meter calibrations
“Case IH is excited to bring producers the option to customize their new or existing Case IH planters for the 2015 planting season, along with the ability to do so at the level that’s best for them and their farm,” says Klein.