Versatile Enters Track Market
Versatile crawls into the tractor track market with the introduction of its four-track DeltaTrack.
Working with track manufacturer Camoplast, Versatile engineers designed the DeltaTrack to be a dedicated track machine rather than adding track assemblies to an existing platform.
The undercarriage and track system on the Versatile DeltaTrack are designed to be reliable, durable and easy to service and maintain. Main features include:
- Integrated track undercarriage mounting system with a reinforced connection to the tractor frame so the frame better absorbs loads, reducing stress on the undercarriage and track components.
- Large one-piece cast drive sprocket features a drive bar engagement for better torque transfer and longer life.
- Large 8.5-inch drive lugs reduce the chance of track slippage.
- Specially engineered wrap angle puts less stress on the track to increase track life.
- Idler wheels and midrollers are polyurethane coated for a longer wear life.
- Large idler wheels offer a gradual wrap angle to minimize track stress and improve performance in soft or wet field conditions.
- Midrollers are positioned to provide a better ride with less shock transfer to the frame, cab, and operator.
- Double-axis midroller system offers better weight transfer and minimizes vibrations, providing a better ride over straight or angled obstacles.
The tractor base platform includes a Cummins QSX 15-liter engine that meets Tier 4i emissions standards. The engine is coupled to a CAT TA-22 16-speed powershift transmission designed for smooth shifting and durability. Power arrives at the track assembly through Versatile’s proven outboard planetary axles. This final drive system can be serviced without the removal of the track system.
The DeltaTrack will be available in 30-and 36-inch track widths with 450, 500, or 550 hp. The Versatile DeltaTrack 450DT with 30-inch tracks is $404,910, the 500DT starts at $431,449, and the 550DT is $445,842. Upgrading to 36-inch tracks from 30-inch tracks is approximately $15,000. Early orders can be placed now with Versatile dealers, and full production will begin this fall.