Title: Executive Editor, Crops Technology, Successful Farming
Resides In: West Des Moines, Iowa
Hometown: Langford, South Dakota
Education: B.S. degree in agronomy, South Dakota State University
Expertise: Magazine, digital, video, and podcast coverage of seeds, chemicals, soils, soil fertility, digital agriculture, climate change, and carbon markets for Successful Farming.
Oversee agronomy and related topic coverage for Successful Farming. This includes Successful Farming magazine, Agriculture.com, and the Successful Farming TV Show and podcasts.
Gil Gullickson grew up on a Langford, South Dakota, century farm that he today owns. In 2005, Gil joined Successful Farming to cover agronomy and associated topics. This expanded from magazine and website coverage to podcasts and television.
- President, North American Agricultural Journalists (NAAJ) from April 2015-April 2016.
- President, Agricultural Communicators Network (ACN) from August 2019 to August 2021.
- Three-time winner of ACN Writer of the Year in 2001, 2006, and 2021.
- Four-time winner of ACN Story of the Year in 2010, 2018, 2020, and 2021.
- Winner of International Federation of Agricultural Journalists (IFAJ)/Food and Agriculture Organization Award for Food Security in 2017.
- Winner of IFAJ AgTech Reporting Award in 2020.
- Winner of ACN’s Writer of Merit honor in 2016.
- Designated as ACN Master Photographer in 2002 and ACN Photographer of the Year, Honorable Mention, 2020.
- Winner of 2019 Mid-America CropLife Association Ruth White Media Award for lifetime achievement in agricultural technology.