- Oversees website content for Agriculture.com.
- Former Ag Technology Editor and Deputy Machinery Editor for Successful Farming magazine, Agriculture.com, and the Successful Farming TV Show.
- Laurie has covered stories ranging from the latest in precision farming practices to new equipment launches to how ag technology start-ups are impacting agriculture.
Laurie Bedord grew up in Rochester, New York. She later moved to Dansville, New York, where she became part of a family dairy operation that also grew corn, soybeans, and alfalfa. In 1997, the dairy operation was moved to Iowa. That same year, Laurie joined the Successful Farming team as its office manager. In 2004, she was promoted to editor and covered new products. Her coverage expanded to include precision farming technology and livestock. In 2021, Laurie became an executive editor, news & technology, overseeing website content for Agriculture.com. In 2022, she moved into her current role as an executive editor, agronomy & technology. Laurie also oversees the publication of the SF College Edition. Launched in 2021, the magazine is geared toward college students pursuing a career in agriculture.
- North American Agricultural Journalists (NAAJ) Third Place Technical Article | 2022
- NAAJ Third Place Feature Article | 2021
- NAAJ Honorable Mention Feature Article | 2019
- NAAJ First Place Series Article | 2018
- American Agricultural Editors Association (AAEA) First Place Human Interest Article | 2016
- Folio Eddie & Ozzie Editor of the Year Award | 2015
- AAEA First Place On-Farm Production Article | 2014
- AAEA Master Writer Award | 2012
- AAEA Third Place Technical Feature Article | 2011
- NAAJ Honorable Mention Feature Article | 2011
- AAEA Third Place Issues Article | 2010
- NAAJ Honorable Mention Special Projects Article | 2010
- min Editorial & Design Honorable Mention Technical Feature Article | 2010
- BA in Journalism from Simpson College in 2004