Corteva Agriscience announces U.S. EPA registration of Resicore XL herbicide
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has approved the registration of Resicore XL herbicide. The improved Resicore XL herbicide formulation will be available for use in the 2023 growing season.
“Resicore XL herbicide offers increased crop safety and the widest application window of any Corteva Agriscience corn herbicide — along with the proven, powerful weed control growers already know and love from Resicore herbicide,” says Kelly White, U.S. product manager, corn herbicides, Corteva Agriscience. “We’re continuously looking for new, innovative solutions that meet the needs of today’s growers, and Resicore XL herbicide does just that.”
Resicore XL herbicide builds on the success and proven weed control corn farmers have come to expect from predecessor Resicore herbicide — the most widely used residual corn herbicide in the United States in 2019 and 2020.
- READ MORE: How to navigate herbicide shortages
Benefits of Resicore XL herbicide include:
- Proven, powerful weed control. Resicore XL herbicide will give corn growers power over weeds with three proven modes of action to control more than 75 of the toughest broadleaves and grasses. The solution is powerful against even the most resistant weed varieties, including Palmer amaranth, waterhemp, marestail and giant ragweed.
- A wider application window. Resicore XL herbicide provides the flexibility needed to fit a wide variety of weed control and agronomic programs with the widest application window of any corn herbicide in the Corteva Agriscience portfolio. Resicore XL herbicide can be applied from pre-emergence through post-emergence on corn up to 24 inches tall. Farmers also can customize their application rates for added application flexibility.
- Increased crop safety. Resicore XL herbicide is formulated for increased crop safety with an encapsulated acetochlor. The lesser crop response will help farmers achieve maximum yield potential.
- Greater tank-mix compatibility. Resicore XL herbicide features greater tank-mix compatibility with micronutrients, including UAN and ammonium thiosulfate (ATS). In addition, the solution will allow farmers the opportunity to customize their weed management with compatible products like atrazine, glyphosate and other corn herbicides.
Resicore XL is part of Corteva Agriscience’s broad portfolio of crop protection solutions designed to address customer needs.
Local retailers will have the most up-to-date information on the availability of Resicore XL herbicide in your area. To learn more about this solution, visit ResicoreXL.com.