You are here
Make a John Deere Pilgrimage
There is a wealth of history to be gleaned and days to be spent reveling in the glory of green by visiting these must-see John Deere attractions.
- John Deere Historic Site, Dixon, Illinois. This site provides faithful recreations of John Deere’s blacksmith shop and his restored original home. You can also view the archaeological site unearthed at the exact location of the blacksmith shop.
- John Deere Pavilion, Moline, Illinois. This recently renovated 15,000-square-foot exhibition hall offers visitors a rich display of John Deere equipment from the past and present in addition to an entertainment center and children’s area. The official John Deere Store is located across the street.
- Factory tours. Deere offers tours of both its Harvester (Moline, Illinois) and Tractor and Engine Works (Waterloo, Iowa).
- World Headquarters, Moline. This architectural wonder offers unique artwork and a display of equipment.
- Butterworth Center and Deere-Wiman House, Moline. These homes, once belonging to Deere family descendants, are found in the historic Moline Overlook District, just a short drive from the Deere Pavilion.
To learn more about the historic site, the Pavilion, the factory tours, or the headquarters, go to JohnDeereAttractions.com. For more information, visit www.butterworthcenter.com or call 309/743-2700.
Read more about John Deere's history in 100 Years of John Deere Tractors.