The 2022 lineup of half-ton Ram pickups
At a time when the rest of pickup manufacturers are limiting the variety of their 2022 half-ton offerings, Ram is growing the number of its 1500 models offering no less than eight versions operating with five different gas or diesel power plants. Two of the models, the 1500 Laramie G/T and 1500 Rebel G/T, were added just this year.
- WATCH: 4 hardworking shop tools
Enriching the Ram 1500 features are color options with 15 exterior shades from which to choose.
While the Ram 1500 line offers a wealth of creature comforts, with these trucks it’s all about work. For example, Ram brags of having the most powerful half-ton diesel pickup on the market (480 foot-pounds of torque). The line also features a maximum 12,750 pounds of towing capacity and 2,300 pounds of payload.
Historically, the Ram half-ton diesel rivals the power output of early 1970s diesel versions of three-quarter-ton trucks.
The riding and handling of the 2022 is also enhanced with an industry segment exclusive link-coil rear suspension system with optional four-corner air suspension.
Chief among the truck’s innovative features is the Uconnect 5 system that employs a 12-inch touch screen offering split-screen capability, 360° camera views, and content from SiriusXM. Active safety and security systems include adaptive cruise control, forward collision warning, blind-spot monitoring, and Ready Alert Braking.
The 2022 configurations both for two- and four-wheel-drive trucks include a Quad Cab (6.4-foot bed) or Crew Cab (5.7- or 6.4- foot bed).
Class-exclusive features include the RamBox cargo management system, relocatable anchor points in the bed, and a new multifunction tailgate that includes a center bed step.
- 3.6-liter eTorque Pentastar V-6 gas (standard) — 305 hp., 269 ft.-lbs. torque
- 3.0-liter EcoDiesel V-6 Turbo — 260 hp., 480 ft.-lbs. torque
- 5.7-liter Hemi V-8 with variable valve timing (VVT) — 395 hp., 410 ft.-lbs. torque
- 5.7-liter eTorque Hemi V-8 with VVT — 395 hp. and 410 ft.-lbs. torque
- 6.2-liter supercharged Hemi V-8 — 702 hp., 650 ft.-lbs. torque
- 8-speed automatic 850RE (standard)
- 8-speed 8HP75
- Diesel: 5 years/100,000 miles
- Gas: 5 years/60,000 miles
Suggested starting retail price
Base price for Ram 1500 Tradesman (2WD, Quad Cab, 6.4-foot box): $34,400