You are here
Case-IH High Speed Row Unit Minimizes Soil Disturbance
The High-speed Low Disturbance (HSLD) row unit allows field speeds up to 11 mph while applying fertilizer.
Introduced during the National Farm Machinery Show, the option is available on Case IH’s Nutri-Place 940 applicator, which is sold in sizes from 50- to 65-feet wide. When employed on the widest of those applicators, the HSLD is capable of allowing operators to cover over 900 acres in a 12-hour day.
In field testing, the HSLD row unit provided better residue cover and more level surface finish than other coulter-style applicators available, claims Chris Lursen of Case IH.
Additional new features on the Nutri-Placer 940 HSLD include:
- 5-section flex for ground contouring.
- Triple-fold transport modes.
- 30-inch row spacing.
- Easy leveling turnbuckles for wing wheel adjustments.
- Larger wing fold cylinders.
- Larger standard radial tires for main transport and wing wheels.
Go to caseih.com for more information.