You are here
Tractors & Combines
Where to start?
This past week has been a blur, great machinery auctions all over the country, sale prices pouring in from all points. If I had to generalize, I'd say used equipment pushing steadily higher. Year end tax buying crowd out in force. Broken down by equipment segments, here are a few quick thoughts:
December 1st farm auction, southwest Ohio: 1999 Gleaner R72 combine (4WD) with 2,337 engine hours sold for $67,000. Always seemed to me like Gleaners have been strong out in Ohio/Michigan and also out west in Nebraska/Kansas. 2005 Gleaner 3000 8-row corn head went for $20,200 on this auction yesterday in southwest Ohio. Here was auctioneer Brad Hess's take on the sale:
"We had calls on everything, it was crazy good. Gave out over 650 buyer numbers. Buyers from everywhere."
Also on this auction, a 2004 Kinze 3650 16/32 planter sold for $75,000. I posted a pic of this planter on our "Machinery Pete" Facebook page last night.
November 21st farm auction, east-central Iowa: 2004 CaseIH 2366 combine with 1,212 engine hours sold for $130,000.....with NO heads! That's $13,250 higher than I've ever seen a 2366 sell at auction. See for yourself:
The previous high sale price was $116,750. But get this, that was on an auction back on January 25, 2006 in west-central Illinois and featured a 2004 model 2366 with only 158 hours. So now chew on this 2004 2366 with 1,212 hours going for $130,000 on the November 21st sale. Wow.
November 30th farm auction, west-central Minnesota: 2009 JD 9770 STS combine with 604 engine hours sells for $210,000. Crappy weather day, some snow and very blustery western Minnesota winter wind. No matter. Folks will show up ready to bid for the very nice condition used equipment. How did that $210,000 sale price on the 9770 stack up to other prices? Have a look:
November 23rd auction, northeast Kansas: 2004 NH CR940A combine (2WD) with 1,466 engine hours sold for $98,000. Also on this sale: 2003 CaseIH 2388 combine (2WD) with 1,832 engine hours, sold for $95,000.
December 1st farm auction, west-central Illinois: 1996 JD 9500 combine (4WD) with 2,590 engine hours sold for $48,000. A 2001 JD 693 6-row corn head sold on this auction yesterday for $16,250, the second highest auction price I've seen this year on a 693 corn head. But it was the Tractors on this west-central Illinois auction that grabbed my attention.
A 2001 JD 7810 MFWD with 1,345 "1 owner" hours sold for $83,250 yesterday on this west-central Illinois auction by Sullivan Auctioneers. This is the second highest auction sale price I've ever seen on a 7810. I posted a pic of this 7810 on our Machinery Pete Facebook page yesterday. I also posted a link to the Youtube video I shot of another very nice 7810 selling on a recent auction, a November 19th farm sale in central Iowa, a 2002 7810 with 2,462 hours that went for $79,000.
Also on the west-central Illinois auction yesterday: a 1986 JD 4650 MFWD tractor with 4,738 hours sold for $46,000. How high is $46K? The highest auction price I've seen on a 4650 in 11 1/2 years. I had to go all the way back to a March 5, 1999 auction in east-central Illinois to find a higher price, $48,000 for a 1985 4650 MFWD with only 1,515 hours, but it had 1/3 the number of hours and was only six years old at the time.
More recent tractor prices:
- 11/30/10 farm auction, northeast Missouri: 1997 JD 7210 MFWD with 1,549 hours and JD 740 loader: $55,000
- 11/29/10 dealer auction, east-central Iowa: 2008 NH T9040 4WD with 700 hours: $147,500
- 11/23/10 auction, northeast Kansas: 2008 NH T8030 with 610 hours: $105,000
- 11/30/10 farm auction, west-central Minnesota: 2009 JD 9530 4WD with 389 hours: $211,000 (pic on Machinery Pete Facebook page)
- same west-central Minnesota sale: 2008 JD 8130 MFWD with 1,158 hours: $116,000
- 12/1/10 farm auction, southwest Ohio: 1999 CaseIH MX270 MFWD with 2,196 hours: $102,000
- 11/23/10 farm auction, east-central Nebraska: 2009 JD 8130 MFWD with 230 hours: $141,000 (pic on Machinery Pete Facebook page)
- 11/22/10 farm auction, southwest Minnesota: 1997 JD 8300 MFWD with 3,300 hours: $92,000
- same southwest Minnesota sale: 1997 JD 8100 MFWD with 3,196 hours: $83,000
- 11/21/10 farm auction, east-central Iowa: 1996 CaseIH 7220 2WD with 4,884 hours: $46,000
- 11/20/10 farm auction, north-central Kentucky: JD 7810 MFWD with 1,956 hours: $73,500
I could keep going...and going and going. We just keep cranking this sale price data into our web site as fast as it pours in. What else have I been noticing the last week or so? Definitely an uptick in demand and prices being paid for nice condition used Tillage equipment. Examples? Here are a few:
- 11/30/10 farm auction, west-central MN: 2009 JD 3710 10-bottom vari width plow: $33,000
- 11/18/10 farm auction, east-central ND: 2009 CaseIH 200 Tigermate field cultivator (60.5'): $64,000
I think we're going to see more of the same, continued strong buyer demand and high sale prices the rest of December. Stay tuned.