Asia Grains-Australia wheat prices rise further on higher freight costs
SINGAPORE, Feb 26 (Reuters) -
* Prices of Australian wheat being offered in Asia extended gains this week, with rising freight rates lifting the cost of grain for importers, two traders said on Friday.
* Australian Premium White wheat was quoted around $318-$320 a tonne, including cost and freight (C&F), to Southeast Asia, up from $310 a few weeks ago.
* "The freight market is rising so rapidly that prices have risen," said one of the traders.
* Australian standard wheat is being offered at $314 a tonne, C&F, while Australian hard wheat is around $325 a tonne.
* Black Sea new-crop wheat is being quoted at $280 a tonne for August shipment. (Reporting by Naveen Thukral; Editing by Devika Syamnath)
© Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Click For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp