CBOT Trends-Corn and wheat down 3-6 cents, soybeans steady-up 3
CHICAGO, Sept 12 (Reuters) - Following are U.S. trade expectations for the resumption of grain and soy complex trading at the Chicago Board of Trade (CBOT) at 8:30 a.m. CDT (1330 GMT) on Monday.
NOTE: The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) is due to release its monthly World Agricultural Supply and Demand Estimates and Crop Production reports at 11 a.m. CDT (1600 GMT).
WHEAT - Down 3 to 6 cents per bushel
* Wheat easing back from overnight highs as traders square positions ahead of the monthly USDA report. A weaker U.S. dollar and concerns about Black Sea exports limiting declines.
* The benchmark CBOT December contract touched its highest point since July 12 during overnight trading.
* Grain traders monitoring Black Sea shipments after Ukraine reported more territorial gains against retreating Russian forces and after Moscow criticized a diplomatic deal covering Ukrainian exports.
* CBOT December soft red winter wheat futures last traded 4 cents lower at $8.65-1/2 a bushel. K.C. December hard red winter wheat fell 3-3/4 cents to $9.25-1/2 a bushel, and MGEX December spring wheat dropped 7-1/4 cents to $9.20-1/4 a bushel.
CORN - Down 3 to 6 cents per bushel
* Corn weaker as traders square positions ahead of the USDA report. The agency is expected to cut its U.S. corn harvest outlook following hot, dry weather in parts of the Midwest this summer.
* CBOT December corn futures were last down 4-3/4 cents at $6.80-1/4 per bushel.
SOYBEANS - Steady to up 3 cents per bushel
* Soybeans firm on position squaring ahead of the USDA report. The agency is expected to reduce its U.S. soy harvest view following a Midwest drought this summer.
* The benchmark November contract hit technical chart resistance at its 20- and 200-day moving averages overnight.
* CBOT November soybeans last traded 2 cents higher at $14.14-1/4 a bushel. (Reporting by Karl Plume; Editing by Andrea Ricci)
© Copyright Thomson Reuters 2022. Click For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp