CBOT Trends-Wheat down 5-7 cents, corn mixed, soy down 4-6 cents
CHICAGO, Nov 23 (Reuters) - Following are U.S. trade expectations for the resumption of grain and soy complex trading at the Chicago Board of Trade (CBOT) at 8:30 a.m. CST (1430 GMT) on Wednesday.
NOTE: U.S. markets will be closed on Thursday for the Thanksgiving holiday.
Friday is the last trading day for CBOT December options.
WHEAT - Down 5 to 7 cents
* Futures weaken amid reports that U.S. buyers imported European wheat due to high domestic prices and attractive ocean shipping rates into the United States, analysts said.
* The recent deal to keep the Black Sea export corridor open for Ukraine grain shipments also hangs over the market, analysts said.
* Ukraine can export 13 million tonnes of wheat and 20 million tonnes of corn in the 2022/23 July-June season, the Ukrainian grain traders' union UGA said.
* Turkey's state grain board TMO issued a tender to purchase about 455,000 tonnes of milling wheat, European traders said.
* CBOT December soft red winter wheat last traded down 5 cents at $7.86-1/2 per bushel. K.C. December hard red winter wheat was last down 5 cents at $9.20-1/2, and MGEX December spring wheat was last down 1/4-cent at $9.45-3/4.
CORN - Mixed
* Corn futures finished the overnight session near unchanged in quiet holiday trading.
* Unfavorably dry weather may expand stress on crops in Argentina, analysts said.
* The spot CBOT December corn contract stayed inside Tuesday's trading range in early moves.
* CBOT December corn was last up 1 cent at $6.57-3/4 per bushel.
SOYBEANS - Down 4 to 6 cents
* Soybeans ease in thin holiday trading as losses in crude oil set a negative tone for the market.
* Competition for global export business from Brazil hangs over CBOT soy, traders said.
* Exporters sold 110,000 tonnes of
U.S. soy to China
for delivery in the 2022/23 marketing year, the U.S. Department of Agriculture said.
* CBOT January soybeans last traded down 4 cents at $14.25-3/4 a bushel. (Reporting by Tom Polansek; Editing by Andrea Ricci)
© Copyright Thomson Reuters 2022. Click For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp