CBOT Trends-Wheat up 4-6 cents, corn down 2-5 cents, soy down 8-11 cents
CHICAGO, Oct 19 (Reuters) - Following are U.S. trade expectations for the resumption of grain and soy complex trading at the Chicago Board of Trade (CBOT) at 8:30 a.m. CDT (1330 GMT) on Wednesday.
WHEAT - Up 4 to 6 cents per bushel
* Wheat higher on bargain buying a day after the CBOT December contract dipped to a near one-month low. Additional support stems from uncertainty about talks to extend an export corridor deal for Ukrainian grain.
* Wheat traders are also monitoring as risks to global supply due to drought in the Argentine and U.S. wheat belts, torrential rain in parts of Australia ahead of harvesting, and a slow planting pace in Ukraine.
* CBOT December soft red winter wheat last traded up 5-3/4 cents at $8.55-1/4 a bushel. K.C. December hard red winter wheat was last up 8-1/4 cents at $9.52-3/4 a bushel, and MGEX December spring wheat was last up 6 cents at $9.62 a bushel.
CORN - Down 2 to 5 cents per bushel
* Corn turned lower in early moves on seasonal pressure as the U.S. harvest progresses, aided by mostly dry weather. Traders also worry about the health of the global economy impacting demand for grains and other goods.
* Germany's 2022 corn harvest will fall 20.2% on the year to an estimated 3.54 million tonnes, Germany's association of farm cooperatives said, citing prolonged drought.
* CBOT December corn futures last traded down 4-1/2 cents at $6.76-1/2 per bushel.
SOYBEANS - Down 8 to 11 cents per bushel
* Soybeans head lower for a second straight session, pressured as the U.S. harvest advances amid mostly favorable weather, and as macroeconomic worries raise questions about demand for commodities.
* The CBOT November soybean contract dipped to $13.58-1/2, its lowest since Oct. 7, before paring losses ahead of the daily pause in trade.
* CBOT November soybeans last traded down 10-1/2 cents at $13.61-1/2 a bushel. (Reporting by Julie Ingwersen)
© Copyright Thomson Reuters 2022. Click For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp