You are here
Financial investors cut long position in Euronext wheat
PARIS, July 17 (Reuters) -
* Non-commercial market participants reduced their net long position in Euronext's milling wheat futures and options in the week to July 12, data published by Euronext on Wednesday showed.
* Non-commercial participants, which include investment funds and financial institutions, cut their net long position to 21,158 contracts from 28,851 a week earlier, the data showed.
* Commercial participants reduced their net short position to 11,429 contracts from 18,645 a week earlier.
* Commercials accounted for 76.2% of the open interest, while non-commercial categories represented 16.6% of open interest.
* The report covered 92.7% of open interest in wheat derivatives, compared with 95.3% the prior week.
* To access Euronext's position data for commodity trading, which also covers rapeseed, rapeseed meal and maize futures: https://derivatives.euronext.com/en/commodities (Reporting by Sybille de La Hamaide Editing by Gus Trompiz)
© Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Click For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
Tip of the Day
When you buy a used piece of precision ag technology, one of the first things you will need to do is make sure the firmware or software is... read more