You are here
Financial investors expand short position in Euronext wheat
PARIS, Aug 14 (Reuters) -
* Non-commercial market participants increased their net short position in Euronext's milling wheat futures and options in the week to Aug. 9, data published by Euronext on Wednesday showed.
* Non-commercial participants, including investment funds and financial institutions, expanded their net short position to 31,369 contracts from 7,741 a week earlier, the data showed.
* The category had switched from a net long to a net short position the previous week.
* Commercial participants increased their net long position in the week to Aug. 9 to 24,555 contracts from 16,572 a week earlier.
* Commercials accounted for 77% of the open interest, while non-commercial categories represented 17.6% of open interest.
* The report covered 94.6% of open interest in wheat derivatives, compared with 93.4% the prior week.
* To access Euronext's position data for commodity trading, which also covers rapeseed and maize futures: https://derivatives.euronext.com/en/commodities (Reporting by Gus Trompiz; editing by David Evans)
© Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Click For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp