Financial investors extend long position in Euronext wheat
PARIS, Sept 21 (Reuters) -
* Non-commercial market participants expanded their net long position in Euronext's milling wheat futures and options in the week to Sept. 16, data published by Euronext on Wednesday showed.
* Non-commercial participants, which include investment funds and financial institutions, increased their net long position to 101,052 contracts from 92,221 a week earlier, the data showed.
* Commercial participants extended their net short position to 120,704 contracts from 109,109 a week earlier.
* Commercials' short positions accounted for 63.9% of the total short position, while commercial long positions accounted for 43.2% of total long positions.
* Non-commercial short positions represented 36.1% of total short positions, while non-commercial net long positions accounted for 56.8% of the total longs.
* In Euronext's rapeseed futures and options, non-commercial market participants raised their net short position to 27,875 contracts from 26,309 a week earlier.
* Commercial participants increased their net long position in rapeseed to 26,314 contracts from 25,528 a week earlier.
* To access Euronext's position data for commodity trading, which also covers maize futures: https://live.euronext.com/products/commodities (Reporting by Gus Trompiz;Editing by Elaine Hardcastle)
© Copyright Thomson Reuters 2022. Click For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp