Financial investors extend net long position in Euronext wheat
PARIS, Sept 14 (Reuters) -
* Non-commercial market participants increased their net long position in Euronext milling wheat futures and options in the week to Sept. 9, Euronext data showed on Wednesday.
* Non-commercial participants, which include investment funds and financial institutions, expanded their net long position to 92,221 contracts from 74,185 a week earlier, the data showed.
* Commercial participants similarly increased their net short position to 109,109 contracts from 91,151 a week earlier.
* Commercials' short positions accounted for 63.5% of the total short position, while commercial long positions accounted for 45.1% of total long positions.
* Non-commercial short positions represented 36.6% of total short positions, while non-commercial net long positions accounted for 54.9% of the total longs.
* The report covered all of the open short positions and nearly all of the open long positions in the wheat derivatives.
* In Euronext rapeseed futures and options, non-commercial market participants also lifted their net short position to 26,309 contracts from 21,565 a week earlier.
* Commercial participants raised their net long position in rapeseed to 25,528 contracts from 21,552 a week earlier.
* To access Euronext's position data for commodity trading, which also covers maize futures, go to: https://live.euronext.com/products/commodities (Reporting by Forrest Crellin Editing by David Goodman )
© Copyright Thomson Reuters 2022. Click For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp