Financial investors extend net long position in Euronext wheat
PARIS, Nov 9 (Reuters) -
* Non-commercial market participants lifted their net long position in Euronext's milling wheat futures and options in the week to Nov. 4, data published by Euronext on Wednesday showed.
* Non-commercial participants, which include investment funds and financial institutions, increased their net long position to 77,320 contracts from 71,632 a week earlier, the data showed.
* Commercial participants similarly increased their net short position to 96,978 contracts from 90,733 a week earlier.
* Commercials' short positions accounted for 60.9% of the total short position, while commercial long positions accounted for 45.7% of total long positions.
* Non-commercial short positions represented 39.1% of total short positions, while non-commercial net long positions accounted for 54.3% of the total longs.
* The report covered all of the open short and open long positions in the wheat derivatives.
* In Euronext's rapeseed futures and options, non-commercial market participants reduced their net short position to 8,925 contracts from 14,577 a week earlier.
* Commercial participants also cut their net long position in rapeseed to 8,709 contracts from 14,326 a week earlier.
* To access Euronext's position data for commodity trading, which also covers maize futures: https://live.euronext.com/products/commodities (Reporting by Forrest Crellin. Editing by Jane Merriman)
© Copyright Thomson Reuters 2022. Click For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp