You are here
Financial investors increase net long position in Euronext wheat
PARIS, July 25 (Reuters) -
* Non-commercial market participants increased their net long position in Euronext's milling wheat futures and options in the week to July 20, data published by Euronext on Wednesday showed.
* Non-commercial participants, which include investment funds and financial institutions, increased their net long position to 37,084 contracts from 28,483 a week earlier, the data showed.
* Commercial participants increased their net short position to 86,746 contracts from 69,072 a week earlier.
* Commercials accounted for 64.64 percent of the open interest, while non-commercial categories represented 14.79 percent of open interest.
* The report covered 79.43 percent of open interest in wheat derivatives, compared with 80.42 percent the prior week.
* To access Euronext's position data for commodity trading, which also covers rapeseed, rapeseed meal and maize futures: https://derivatives.euronext.com/en/commodities (Reporting by Valerie Parent, editing by Sybille de La Hamaide)
© Copyright Thomson Reuters 2018. Click For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp