You are here
Financial investors increase short position in Euronext wheat
PARIS, Sept 11 (Reuters) -
* Non-commercial market participants increased their net short position in Euronext's milling wheat futures and options in the week to Sept. 6, data published by Euronext on Wednesday showed.
* Non-commercial participants, which include investment funds and financial institutions, raised their net short position to 49,515 contracts from 42,479 a week earlier, the data showed.
* Commercial participants increased their net long position to 55,649 contracts from 51,176 a week earlier.
* Commercials accounted for 74.8% of the open interest, while non-commercial categories represented 19.6%.
* The report covered 94.5% of open interest in wheat derivatives.
* To access Euronext's position data for commodity trading, which also covers rapeseed and maize futures: https://derivatives.euronext.com/en/commodities (Reporting by Sybille de La Hamaide, Editing by Rosalba O'Brien)
© Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Click For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp