Financial investors lower net long position in Euronext wheat
PARIS, Oct 12 (Reuters) -
* Non-commercial market participants reduced their net long position in Euronext's milling wheat futures and options in the week to Oct. 7, data published by Euronext on Wednesday showed.
* Non-commercial participants, which include investment funds and financial institutions, lowered their net long position to 121,668 contracts from 132,932 a week earlier, the data showed.
* Commercial participants similarly reduced their net short position to 142,840 contracts from 154,159 a week earlier.
* Commercials' short positions accounted for 62.3% of the total short position, while commercial long positions accounted for 39.1% of total long positions.
* Non-commercial short positions represented 37.8% of total short positions, while non-commercial net long positions accounted for 60.9% of the total longs.
* The report covered all of the open short positions and nearly all of the open long positions in the wheat derivatives.
* In Euronext's rapeseed futures and options, non-commercial market participants reduced their net long position to 18,717 contracts from 22,448 a week earlier.
* Commercial participants similarly decreased their net short position in rapeseed to 17,729 contracts from 21,184 a week earlier.
* To access Euronext's position data for commodity trading, which also covers maize futures: https://live.euronext.com/products/commodities (Reporting by Forrest Crellin; Editing by Maju Samuel)
© Copyright Thomson Reuters 2022. Click For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp